The House has in today’s extended morning plenary sitting approved the appointment of nine (9) County Executive Committee Members (CECMs) pursuant to provisions of Article 179(2)(b) of the Constitution 2010, Sections 4 and 9 of the Public Appointments (County Assemblies Approval) Act, 2017 and Standing Order No. 184(4).
The nine are as follows;-
- Richard John Mwendandu, nominee, Ministry of Energy, Environment, Forestry, Natural and Mineral Resources.
- Phoebe Ndunyu Mutemi, nominee, Ministry of Culture, Gender, Youth, ICT, Sports and Social Services.
- Stephen Mbaya Kimwele, nominee, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock.
- Rose Mawia Mutuku, nominee, Ministry of Trade, industry, MSMEs, Innovations and Cooperatives.
- Peter Mwikya Kilonzo, nominee, Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Revenue Management.
- Ruth Koki Mwanzia. Nominee, Ministry of Health and Sanitation.
- Reuben Mulwa Itiko, nominee, Ministry of Roads, Public Works and Transport.
- Peter Gitonga Nkunda, nominee, Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
- Fredrick Kisong’e Kimanga, nominee, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
Further, the House rejected Joyce Kasyoka Masila, nominee, Ministry Education, Training and Skills Development pursuant to section 8 of the Public Appointments (County Assemblies Approval) Act, 2017.
The motion was moved by Hon. Harrison Maluki, MCA Migwani Ward and a member of the Appointments Committee and seconded by Hon. Mathew Ngovi Vuthi, MCA Chuluni Ward.